Friday, October 16, 2009

Busy Busy Bees!

Sorry I have not posted in a while. I am just sort of lame right now. I went and did pilaties and I loved it! Very hard and a great workout. Anyhoo, I guess I just wanted to ask some questions and see what any of you think. I guess I am just wondering about the people in my life that I love and have always been there, but who are very opposed to my religion. I have dear friends and family who just won't give up this fight and neither will I. My question is how can you maintain a relationship with these people? You can only take so much. I can't stand to hear "there is no God" and "religion is the crutch of weak people". I just feel so worn out after talking to these people. I fear to tell them anything about my religion like getting married in the temple, having a baby so young and other aspects of my life. I feel like I almost need to just shut them out.

2 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I can understand how difficult it is. I have never fully understood people who feel that their way is the only way and that no one else is "right" about something. In my opinion, if you love someone you try to understand their point of view. Even if you end up not understanding it, you still love them because their opinion is what makes them who they are! If they are truly your family and friends, then they will love you no matter what! They will stand by you and comfort you and hold you and believe in you. At this point, you need to examine their role in your life and determine if they are truly your friends/family. I know it is hard to "cut" family out of your life, but sometimes you need to protect yourself. A true family member would still love you and stand by you. Family should always be there in my opinion.
    I have no idea if this has helped you at all, but I hope it has in some small way. If you need to talk, please call me! I love you!!
    Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Kate this is Danielle your old room mate and i stumbled upon your blog i hope you dont mind!!!

    i know exactly how you feel with the whole friends and religion thing, trust me i have been there many times! the hardest thing i think to do is to stand up against people you love, but you kind of have to say hey this is my religion and explain it you know and say i love you guys but if you are going to make comments about it and bash it or what not around me then i just cant be around you.

    i mean you know that the spirit cant dwell in a place with hostility and hate. and you dont need to be around that type of envoirment.

    i know living with you that you told me some stories and so i know you are a strong woman and you cn handle anything! so i just know you can handle this! just remember as your aunt said true family and true friends will always be there no matter what!

    oh and you are pregnant? congrats!!! babies are the best! life isnt truely enjoyed until you start your family and you dont realize that until you have babies!!! you will be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete