Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fort Sill Bootcamp Graduation






I just got home last night, or this morning, I should say, from a very long roadtrip. I drove with my mother and Cache to Lawton, Oklahoma to see my youngest brother, Josh, graduate from boot camp. I could not believe the young man I met there. I was proud to call him my brother. He had lost a lot of weight, was kind and respectful and impressed me a great deal with the in depth knowledge of the weapons and different jobs and ranks in the Army. He told me he woke up at 4 a.m. everyday and made his bed and organized his locker and bags. I don't think my parents were too psyched at first but you know the video gaming zombie who treated them so poorly was absolutely gone. I think this was so good for him and he loves it. He is going into artillery training at Fort Sill in Oklahoma and hopes to be graduated from that program by April. I am incredibly proud of who I just met and am grateful to him and all of the other men in my family and country who serve. Three days away from Justin was hard for me and especially Cache, he clung to him this morning and cried when he left. So glad to be back with him!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how cool. You two look so much alike. (ok, minus the fact your a girl) Thats great that you were able to go. One thing about being away from husband is it sure helps me appreciate him more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, found your blog :-) glad it was good seeing your brother and glad you are home. Mak sure missed Cache!

    ReplyDelete